It's a stressful day masquerading as a very slow one. The phone rings, I answer, I put it back down. An email pops up, I read, I reply, I close the window. A question is raised, I answer, my brain shuts down again. I want to sleep. No, first, I want to stuff my face with junk food, watch mind-numbing television, and then sleep.
***
20 days to go before I see Pinas again. Can't wait. We've already secured accommodations in Bora, but we still have no idea how to get there. I really wanna go camping, but I'm not sure which set of friends or cousins to bug about it. I'm thinking of doing something nice for Mother's birthday while we're there, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough cash for it. I'm itching to make an itinerary, but that would defeat my aim to be spontaneous. No plans, just do whatever, just go wherever. It's like a mantra now. We'll see where that gets me.
***
I'm broke. I haven't been this broke since I got here. And it's only the 14th. There's still half a month to go. I was hoping to get some shopping done before Pinas, but I guess that's out of the question now. So, anybody who's hoping for a nice pasalubong from your balikbayan friend/cousin/aunt/ninang/niece, you can forget about it. I'll just get you chocolates from Duty Free, like any good old returning OFW. It's the thought that counts, diba? :P
***
I never got to finish my trip log. Well, on our last day in Amsterdam, we checked out Museumplein, took beautiful pictures, checked out the shopping district, took beautiful pictures, checked out the Old Palace, took beautiful pictures, checked out the flower market, took beautiful pictures...then somewhere between a sex shop and a fruit stand, my camera got snatched from my hand. Byebye beautiful pictures. Went back to the hotel to rest, I had my drama moment on the windowsill while cursing the bastard who took my precious, then went to Leidseplein to chill at a jazz bar. It was a great day, camera snatching aside. We boarded a train back to Germany early next morning. Didn't want to leave Amsterdam, but I was running out of Euros and my boss was probably going to haul my ass out of the hotel if I refused to leave. :P Anyway, a few hours later, we were back in Dubai, grabbing all the liquor and beer we were allowed to grab from Duty Free. Reality was beckoning, but who said we can't face it without a bit of alcohol? :P
***
Hay, I'm still sleepy. 2 more hours to go. I want a tall latte from Starbucks. And a banana muffin with chocolate chips. Hmm, maybe I should ask Kuya Rodel to buy for me.
***
Oh right, I'm broke. Darn.
14.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment