Ten restless days to go. I can almost smell the fumes from the buses and the jeepneys.
A year ago, I thought I'd be coming home to kisses during sunset, trysts in the moonlight, and other romantic what-nots. Since day 1 in the UAE, I started furiously counting down to the day I'll finally be in that airport hug. It was all I cared about, really. Well, mostly. What I didn't realize was that I'd be coming home to so much more, even if I subtracted all of the above.
Bone-crushing daganans and silly moments with the girls. My wide-eyed little niece forcing chips into my mouth asking, "sarap?" Medicinal hugs from Lynds. Gimik with the tropa. Anticipating the arrival of a new angel. Reunions. Breakfasts, lunches, dinners. Road trips with the cousins and the gang. Shopping, oh heavenly shopping. Pagboboys. Pampering galore. Sisig, ripe mango shake, monay, taho, fishballs. Hakuna matata. Freedom.
Ten days to go, Pinas dearest. I'm almost there.
23.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment