20.4.08

say what?

Today, I sat through an information session similar to the ones I've sat through many times before. I watched a media presentation I've seen played over and over at almost every orientation I've attended in the past. Enya, once again, was singing in the background. Images of war, poverty, sickness, heads of different colors, and world leaders rushed through the screen as before. Hand gestures were taught, old videos of people dancing around were played, a very familiar motivational speech was delivered. I took part in building a bridge made of newspapers and pencils, I argued about which things to keep when your ship sinks and you get stuck in a deserted island, I elaborated on concepts of active learning, social responsibility, cultural sensitivity and entrepreneurship- all of which felt like deja vu.

Sometime in the middle of the day, I found myself in front of the room dancing to the tune of Tunak Tunak Tun and wearing the biggest smile on my face.

I never realize how much I missed AIESEC till I saw all the "it's up to you" posters lining the walls. It's good to be, it's good to be back.

No comments: