18.1.08

i need pixie dust and happy thoughts

I need to get away. Some place different. Some place that doesn't hold memories. Where I can just forget and be numb. 

Right now, I'm just exerting all my efforts to smile and be cheerful. A lot of things are falling apart at work, but I find myself not caring that much. Dubai is still suffering from the past week's "calamity," but I would much rather have the non-stop rains than the sunshine- the former suits me better these days.  

Fe and I were talking about the 5 stages of grief yesterday. I think I'm tittering between the first and second- denial and anger. Throw in a little bit of guilt. I'm way past bargaining though. According to Wiki, not everyone goes through all the stages, some skip, some experience them randomly. Me, I'm just confused about which stage to be in. However, I'd give anything for the last one now. Acceptance. Pour it in a high ball glass and I'd drink it straight up. If only it were that easy.

In the meantime, I'll just be cliché and get my hair cut. Maybe buy some new clothes. Drink some poison. And hopefully, if the diplomatic system sympathizes with me, I'll get a new visa stamped on my passport and I'll hop on a plane to Neverland.

No comments: