Someone beat me to my usual comfy couch at Starbucks today. Grr. If I had more bitch substance in me, I would've told her, "move over lady, because today's Thursday, and that's my Thursday spot you're sitting on." Ha. As if. Dream on, Kay.
I miss my old Starbucks. The usual Katipunan crowd- some burying their heads in school books and notes, some having their dose of caffeine and nicotine, some just simply hanging out. I miss being one of them. I miss hearing my favorite baristas calling out "one short latte for Kay!" and the way they spelled my name correctly, without an 'e'. I miss the homey atmosphere I know I would never experience in my new branch. In Katipunan, I never had to have a spot- the whole place was my spot. It didn't matter whether I got the comfy couch or a seat near the window. I could just sit anywhere, put my legs up, savor my too-commercialized latte, and ogle the resident Intarmed cutie.
Starbucks Katipunan holds a lot of memories for me. Jannah and I stressing over our thesis. Ina and I cramming our heads with the horror that was Finance and proving that you can leave anything in Starbucks and it won't get lost. JM, Angge, Rory and I spending a rainy afternoon inside, analyzing our soap-opera-worthy lovelives. Mother, Mama Inday, Papa Manuel, and I having our regular Starbucks sessions after dinner at their place. Ate J in her pambahay having her frap decaffeinated because Sofi was still in her tummy. Turning over my EB stuff to Clarice and Borbs. Sobering up with a tall cup of plain brewed coffee after tossing down 4 glasses each of gin and rum at the batch party. Mage and I giggling about our latest kilig stories. And much, much more.
Today, I sat on an uncomfy wooden chair at Starbucks Bonifacio Stopover. Annoyed because I lost my spot, my name was spelled wrong, and my drink was too hot. Felt a bit lost, because there were no familiar faces around. It was so much quieter than what Katipunan would be and a bit cozier perhaps, because it was smaller...but it was lonely, and nowhere near as homey.
29.6.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
at obviously..maraming mas cute sa Katipunan noh kay?!
True!
Post a Comment