Then I realized how bratty I've been this year. My positive-silver-linings-always-exist-rainbows-and-chocolate-oh-so-optimistic self resurfaced and gave cynical me a huge slap on the head:
Jeez, lighten up, girl! Sure, it wasn't a party, but c'mon! Your mom made it through the surgery, she had clear margins, and her recent biopsy showed that that shadowy thing in her lung is just stupid bacteria fooling around. You had your first ever romantic Valentine's Day date in a restaurant with amazing food and ambiance. You had a wonderful, albeit creepy, summer vacation in a beautiful island with pristine beaches and glorious sunsets. You've kept in touch with your best friends and realized that different timezones and oceans in between cannot ruin friendships. Your hair has gone back to normal and you have new clothes, new shoes and new shades. You've been earning good money and saving for the things you truly want. Not to mention that you're in a loving relationship with the love of your life and he flew 5000 miles to visit you and stayed for a month. So, stop your whining. 2007 was a great year. A lot of your prayers were answered and you had more than enough gifts under the Christmas tree. Now smile and be thankful, dammit.
There you go. Good girl.***
For the record, I'm not going all schitzy or anything. I just had a sudden burst of sunshine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment