11.12.07

*&(%$#!!!

I'm a decent driver. At least most of the time, I think I am. This morning however, I was nowhere near decent. There I was, psyching myself up to focus on the goal, focus on the road, focus, focus, focus...but somehow, I managed to screw up every lane change, every roundabout, every freakin' instruction barked at me by the frustrated examiner. Now, she was decent. I didn't expect her to be. I was all ready to rant the whole day about how unfair the examiner was, how I drove perfectly but since getting a license is becoming a business, she still found a way to fail me...but no. I couldn't. 'Coz I totally sucked. Halfway through, I just wanted her to ask me to pull over and get my sorry a** out.

I could easily drive through a vendor-infested street, a one-laner made into two, Baguio's meandering mountain roads and Manila's crazy ones. I could smoothly navigate through a really bad storm, even while sobbing and cursing vehemently. So why, why, why can't I just get my license?

Yeah, I know, 'coz even though the road this morning wasn't all of those things above, it doesn't change the fact that I drove like an idiot.

I miss my car. I miss the freedom I feel from knowing I can get from point A to point B without having to bother about cabs or other means of transportation.

I really have to get that license soon. Argh.

No comments: