12.5.07

marhaba

I'm here. Nothing's changed, it's still the same old big construction site. Burj Dubai looks taller now though, and a new screaming ad on Sheikh Zayed reads "Manolo Blahnik is here." OMG. Let me repeat that. MANOLO BLAHNIK IS HERE. Not like I can afford it, but one can hope.

My cousins have somehow lost a lot of weight since I last saw them. Argh. Now I really have to slim down. It's one of my Dubai resolutions- have a bikini-worthy body by the time I go home for summer. So help me God.

Speaking of Dubai resolutions, I'm listing it down here, so I'll feel guiltier if I don't follow through (note: these are not arranged in order of importance):

1. Like I said, slim down. Maybe I won't be Jessica Alba-ish at the end of the year, but hopefully close. Haha, good luck to me :P
2. In connection to #1: exercise, eat healthy, study and practice yoga. Why yoga? Well I guess I'm hoping for a little bit more peace than I have now, and it's supposed to aid you in the pursuit of wholistic health.
3. Build up a fasyon (not necessarily wildly expensive) wardrobe. Hey, if you live in a city like this, it's practically a necessity.
4. Save up tons of cash and place them in high-yielding investments.
5. Keep in touch with everyone back home.
6. Do my part in making US work, come hell or high water. :D
7. Excel in the workplace. Very cliché, i know, but really.
8. Travel, travel, travel.
9. Make new friends. Go out.
10. Enjoy.

No comments: