11.5.07

despedida

I guess I'm ready as I'll ever be. God probably felt two farewell dinners weren't enough, so He made things happen and had me go to lunch with dear friends I haven't seen and won't be seeing for a while. *Shoutouts to Arby, Lance, Jannah and Paco for the impromptu lunches. Thanks guys :)*

An hour ago, a package arrived from my favorite city down south. Inside were trinkets to keep me safe and cheerful while I'm 8 hours away from him. I couldn't have asked for a better send-off. I've resigned myself to circumstances and settled for phone calls and text messages, but wonderful as he is, he just had to give me more. Thanks love. :)

So, I guess I'm off. It's daunting, and I'd really rather stay, but it's easier now- having received all the "ingat" hugs I needed and having been given the reassurance that I'll have something to come home to when the time comes.

No comments: