21.9.06

Dear Mama Inday,

Wow, it's been a year. I'm sure you didn't miss anything, but just the same, I wanna tell you how we've been, what's been happening, what we would have wanted to share with you.

Jannah and I finished our thesis and got a really good grade. We probably wouldn't have been able to without your help, so of course, your name is mentioned in the acknowledgements page. And now, if you google our names, you'd actually get a hit for our thesis coz it's included in the library records now. Cool, huh? :)

We spent Christmas at Kuya Bebot's house, and the others were at the house in Turno. I'm sure you were there with them and probably wanted to knock their heads together for not getting into the Christmas spirit. We at Kuya Bebot's just spent the night playing tong-its. You probably would've been playing the piano for us if you were there, and we'd be singing carols. The kids had a blast giving coins to the carolers that everyone ran out of change. Tong-its pa, so wala na talaga.

I went to Cagayan de Oro the day after that for a conference. How you would have teased me if you were here. You probably would've interrogated me, just as Nanay did. Then you'd have a great time eating the pastel I brought home. And I would've unsuccessfully stopped you from finishing more than you should.

New Year was fun, lots of fireworks. We were as noisy as ever. I spent most of the night on the phone with you-know-who. :) The game that night was mahjjong, which I didn't know how to play, so I just chatted away. Well, there were other reasons, but that was my excuse. Hehe. :P

Valentine's came and went. I spent the night alone, coz Nanay went to Auntie Luzie's to hang out with her and Auntie Betty. You probably would've been there too, and you guys would have had a Yaya sisterhood meeting of some sort. Valentine's this year wasn't bad at all, compared to the previous years. I had a lot more kilig than usual :)

Then I finally graduated. Just got the Dean's Medal though, I was .03 points shy of the Laude. Oh well, at least that's over with. I missed you cheering me on. You probably would've made a very pretty corsage for me to wear. And you probably would've made fun of my outrageous tan. I've never been as dark as I was then. I really wished you were there in the audience that day. But you must've been right? I'm sure you were. You wouldn't have missed my graduation.

I got my first job a month after, which I'm leaving soon. Hehe. I still have no clue as to how to go about my career. Whether I should stay or leave is still a big question. Tatay's in Dubai now, with his new job, and I guess he's kinda hoping I'd follow, along with Nanay. Hay, decisions, decisions.

Oh and yeah, I am no longer single. Hehe. You would've loved meeting him, Ma. He's just great. You've known about him right? I could just imagine all the teasing I'd get from you, and the knowing look you would've kept giving me. And the kilig kilig questions you and Nanay would've bombarded me with. She keeps doing it now, what more if you were here as well.

Sofi's so big now by the way. And much heavier than before. She's starting to talk too. So maldita, really takes after her mom. But she's very malambing, takes after her Ninang. Hehe. Abby's growing up to be a beautiful lady as well. Still a bit tomboyish, but she can be forced to wear a skirt. They visited a week ago, for the housewarming. Oh, I almost forgot, we've moved. Bigger place. You would love it here. You and Nanay could have cooking sessions and all. She'd probably still ask you to cook her bulad somewhere else though. :P

It's really been a year... and so much has happened, Ma. I really wish you could've shared everything with us. But I know you're always there, watching. Smiling when we are, laughing when we are. Probably eating loads of cake too. And drinking lots of Coke. I'm happy coz I know He's taking great care of you. I miss you so much though. We all miss you so much.

Love you, Ma. Always.

No comments: