Since moving to Mandaluyong, I've been traversing the EDSA route to the office. Bye bye C5. I kinda miss it, but the EDSA route, admittedly, is a bit more cheerful than the former. All because of the dancing traffic officer. See, every morning, I see him at the intersection of McKinley and 5th dancing his way through traffic signals. He has pretty good moves too, I might add. And he always wears that silly smile while moving his hips and urging motorists to go ahead and make their turns with wavy hand and arm motions. Wonder why he does that. One time, I passed through the intersection at dusk, and another traffic officer was doing the shift. To my dismay, he wasn't dancing. So I guess it really is just the morning guy. I find myself asking whether he's paid to do that, or he really hears music in the cars' engines and horns and can't help but move to the rhythm. Whichever the case, he sure cheers me up on gloomy mornings. Must be a nice guy. Sure hope he's being paid well and not getting exploited.
***
Starbucks has a new latte flavor- pumpkin spice. Apparently, it's a limited offer in time for fall. Not that fall actually exists in this bi-season country. Tastes good though. Comforting, like the posters say. Just about to finish my cup and my banana-chocolate chip muffin, which I bought after a long debate between my gluttonous self and my "strong-willed" self. What can I say, I needed extra comfort. I found myself envying the overly perky barista who handed me my extra calories- she was so darn cheerful. I wanted to be perky and cheerful too. Gee, two capital sins right there, and it's only lunchtime. I soo wanna go home already.
***
Saw The Devil Wears Prada yesterday. Nice movie. Although, thinking about it now is making me regret that banana-chocolate chip muffin. It was funny though. Meryl Streep really did justice to the Iron Lady. Anne Hathaway wasn't bad either. And goodness, all those Jimmy Choos, Manolo Blahniks, Chanel, Marc Jacobs...*drool* For an hour there, I wanted to be Miranda Priestly's assistant. Never mind that I have to run around New York in killer stilletos. At least I'd be running around New York, in killer stilletos. Only problem would be trimming down to a size zero. I can now hear the muffin doing an evil laugh in my tummy.
11.9.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment