I wonder if the day will come when my parents and I will finally settle in one location. In the 19 years of my existence, I've already lived under 8 different roofs in 5 different cities. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hopping from city to city, house/flat to house/flat, exit to exit. It's always exciting to move to a new place, adapt to a new environment, scope out the perfect haunts, and meet new people. It just gets tiring sometimes. And now, we're about to add another roof to the list.
Mandaluyong, here we come.
I know, it's still in Metro Manila. Point taken. But it's so different from QC. And after being "taga-QC" for 4 years, I've actually considered the city as my home. Well, one of my homes. Comparable to Dirah or Exit 10 in Riyadh. There's so much to miss here. There's Katipunan for one. And UP, of course. Eastwood wouldn't be 10 minutes away anymore, much less Gateway. The view from our new place wouldn't be as nice as the one we have now. I'll miss my daily C5 route, and the sampaguita kids who keep on tapping at my window even after I shake my head NO. Oh, and that maldita with one eye in Katipunan. I'd actually be compassionate towards her if she wasn't such a brat. But yeah, I'd miss her too. I'll miss the streets, the villages, the Petron station, Starbucks, McDo, the proximity to my friends' houses, SB (haha), and a lot more.
But, as I mentioned before, I'm nomadic. My family's nomadic. I live my life through a series of moving-outs and moving-ins. I guess it's not so bad. I can't say I don't have fun.
If only I didn't have to leave anything behind.
3.8.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment