4.8.06

want homesickness, try wikimapia

Last weekend, on the way to Punta Fuego for my cousin's birthday celebration, his yaya commented on the beauty of the mountains here in the Philippines- alive and green. Cousin, family, and yaya have been living in the Middle East for a few years now and yaya was so glad to see green mountains again. Said she was tired of sandy and rocky ones in the middle of barren deserts. I, on the other hand, missed those. Yes, I love the landscape here, with all the greenery and display of life, but sometimes, I can't help but long for the sight of the desert with its beautiful dunes, the camels and the Bedouins in their tents, the sunrise, sunset, and the evening sky in all its glory above the quiet land, and the tall and seemingly lifeless mountains with its twiggy "trees."

Then I discovered Wikimapia (credit to Lance's blog). In one click, I saw the desert I missed so much, all barren and lifeless. And then came the wave of homesickness. *Sigh*


No comments: