Tonight called for a trip down memory lane. No reason, just felt like it. I was ridding my inbox of junk and spam, when the 'last' button called out to me. Got me wondering about what I'd find there. So, I gave it a click. And I found you.
It was the only email from you that I managed to save. I probably deleted the others. I really can't remember why. I wasn't mad at you or anything. We just lost touch. We really didn't have much to go on anyway. It was inevitable. This email though, you sent it months after losing touch. And I think I had pretty much the same reaction to it that day as tonight. Kilig like a silly schoolgirl whose crush just smiled at her.
When we met, you were a breath of fresh air for me. I was getting suffocated in my complicated world, then you came with your adorable accent, your subtle flirtations, your pathetic but endearing attempt at wooing me like a binatang Pinoy.
For all that, it was a short-lived romance. But you made me smile. Years later, despite all the changes and the non-communication, and though we're living worlds apart, on a night I really needed to, you made me smile again. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment