It's unsettling to think that she may have, at one point, wandered into my world, probably even without meaning to. It's almost a cruel joke, if it's even true.
If it is, I wonder if she also sat on the step where you and I sat, so long ago, going over the insanity that was you and me. I wonder if she had the chance to relax on the couch where I lay on empty days, trying to remember every word you said. I wonder if she took the time to stand on the rooftop to appreciate the sunset, the same rooftop where I paced to and fro, listening to the sound of my world falling apart, to you saying goodbye yet again.
It's strange how intertwined our paths are- hers and mine. And standing in the middle of it all- you.
You- my past, her present. My memories, her reality. My first, her last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment