25.10.06

back in basecamp

After 17 days of clean air, I'm back in smoggy Manila and my nasal passages are complaining. I wonder if it's just because of the change in pollution density though. After almost two years of getting feverish everytime we part ways (it never fails, honest), I have come to the conclusion that I have a leaving syndrome- my body's defensive system reacts whenever he leaves, or I leave. Aww and arggh at the same time.

We spent 4 days in Cebu, a couple of those in Bohol. Thought I'd never go back to tarsier-land, but I guess it just had to pull me back to make me see how beautiful it is, despite not-so-pleasant memories. No unpleasant ones this time around, that's for sure. The sun was kind, the beach was lovely as always, food was delicious, and the company was terrific. Oh, and out of 4 Bohol trips, this was actualy the first time I saw the Chocolate Hills in all its chocolate-y glory. In previous visits, they looked like Green Hills, rather than Chocolate. Cebu was nice, as usual. Busier than ever, especially with the preparations for the ASEAN Summit. Made the requisite visit to Ayala and SM, went dancing and drinking to a couple of really nice bars, and checked out this quaint cafe somewhere in the middle of the metro. Abeseria was the name I think. Pretty good coffee and kakanin, and they had lots of nice and cheap goodies I really wished I could have hoarded. If I weren't concerned about the bulk of my luggage, I really would have.

Spent a night aboard SuperFerry en route to Cagayan de Oro. For some reason, the ventilation in our room sucked and I was stressed and sweaty the entire trip. Couldn't sleep a wink. He, on the other hand, nicely zzzz'd away. By the time we docked, I was walking around like a zombie about to have a nervous breakdown. First time to meet the parents, what do you expect? Lack of sleep and the fact that I couldn't take a shower before heading out didn't help either. But, it turned out well I think. I dressed as prim and proper as possible, released my charms full-blast and everything was hunky-dory...I hope.

The next few days were wonderful. Went horseback riding, river rafting, swimming- basically exercised my skin's melanin producing capabilities yet again. Even crossed a treacherous monkey bridge and zoomed back through a zip line above a dense forest and a huge gorge. Hey, it wouldn't be a righteous CDO trip without the adventure. And of course, he made everything extra special. :)

And now, I'm back in Manila. Back to bum life too, since I'm blissfully unemployed. :P Gonna spend the next few days visiting and re-visiting memory lane- it's become very beautiful now.

No comments: