It's strange how one goes through life convincing one's self to avoid some things, until at some point, one just chooses to ignore all the voices in one's head and just go with the flow...and then asks, "so what was the big deal?"
Try everything twice, he once said. Some things are not meant to be tried, I then argued. Which makes me wonder how one would know which is which. Lines get blurred, judgment becomes faulty. Even when one thinks that he or she did him- or herself some good for trying, even when something feels right for some time, things could still go awry, then one ends up with a truckload of regret. Not that I'm saying that anything has been dumped on me- on the contrary, I'm quite surprised nothing hasn't. I'm still drifting on the same cloud I've been on since.
***
It's Week 3 of Big Girl in the City (or Desert, whichever is more apt.) I miss the folks and the house feels quite empty without our daily dose of Obama's speeches and Eat Bulaga antics, not to mention their petty squabbles. Nevertheless, I think this is good for me. Standing on my own two feet feels quite nice. I'm sure I'll get thrown off balance sometimes, and the scratches I'll get might make me want to scream for my mommy, but I'll live. I have a lot of growing up to do, and it's gonna be awesome.
14.5.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment