I came home last night to news about an event that might just bring about something I've been dreading ever since the economic crisis started rearing its ugly head in Dubai. It felt like that night two years ago, when my mom revealed her scary secret and I knew that one way or the other, a big change would come, whether I was prepared for it or not. I picked through my dinner with the excuse that I ate too much for lunch anyway, and went to hide in the comfort of my room...
And lo, there it was. Lately, I haven't been talking to God as much I as I used to, and should, but last night, He really came through for me. Something that I thought has long disappeared and would never be seen again came back and I managed to put aside the fear and worry that was sucking the air out of me, and just revel in the delight that suddenly surfaced through the doom and gloom, no matter how short-lived I knew it may be.
14.2.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment