About a month ago, a very attractive offer popped up on my screen during an insomnia-ridden night. A couple of days later, I found myself desperately looking for a cab along Sheikh Zayed Road, holding two non-refundable plane tickets and shushing the voice in my head that kept telling me how incredibly stupid and reckless I was being. I didn't have any assurance that I would be able to get myself and my mom the appropriate visas and I didn't have a budget. What the heck was I doing with non-refundable tickets???
Fortunately, the diplomatic powers-that-be turned out to be on my side, and I worked out a feasible budget, so tomorrow, we're off to the land of precision, cheese, mountains and chocolates. Yay.
***
A few months back, I was convinced that it would be way too crazy. So I wasn't gonna go there. It wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't a good one either. Never mind. Fast forward to a few months later and here I am- gushing to a girlfriend like a thirteen year old, smiling like a madwoman and indulging once again in wishful thinking.
I'm crushing. Teenage-you're-so-bad-but-really-not-and-that's-hot-so-would-you-be-my-prince-charming crushing. Argh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment