19.6.07

brat

And so the day came and went. A year ago, I looked forward to that day, imagined music and cheer, the moon and stars reflected on a pool full of happily tipsy friends, a stolen kiss or two in the dark, and all the requisites for merrymaking.

Instead, the celebration came in shopping bags, a foot spa, three whole slabs of ribs, two salad plates, non-alcoholic concoctions and blurry pictures in a quiet restaurant. One would probably ask how I could ask for more and come to the conclusion that I'm a selfish brat. I guess I am. Because I wanted more.

I wanted the music and cheer, the moon and stars reflected on a pool full of happily tipsy friends, the stolen kisses and all that. I wanted to blow out a candle and make a wish. I wanted to start and end the day with a silly smile, and not with an indifferent yawn.

2 comments:

Khadine said...

happy birthday all the same, dearie. :)

كي said...

thanks cass :)