
Since the last month, my weekday routine always included a trip to Medical City, logging my mom in for her radiation therapy, buying a snack and whiling away the time at the waiting area. During the first few weeks, "snack" meant a cup of joe from Starbucks, sometimes with a pastry if I was really hungry. Until I was diagnosed with hyperacidity and my mom forbade me from drinking my usual dose (oh, the agony!). So, "snack" became a fruit shake with the occasional Skyflakes. Until a huge ad in today's paper screamed at me to break my mom's anti-caffeine chains and get a tall cup of the new Banana Java Chip Frappuccino at Starbucks.
And so, with excuses of it not really as caffeine-loaded as my regular latte (I'm not sure if I believe that myself, but my mom bought it *sniggers*), off I went hoppin' and skippin' with glee, excited to reunite with my beloved friend, coffee.
And it was truly a happy reunion.
Starbucks was beaming with invitations to "find your summer happy place" with their new line of banana-infused beverages, and I gleefuly obliged. After a minute or so, I heard the barista call out "one tall banana java chip frappuccino for Kay!." It was music to my ears. I took my first sip and I felt a rush of delight, savoring the wonderful taste of coffee mingled with cream, chocolate, and the sweetness of bananas.
Sigh...there it was. My summer happy place.
*photo from Yehey!
2 comments:
i like the positivity you exude :) ganyan ba talaga after a getaway?
and yes, Starbucks, we all have wonderful memories amidst the standard and cosy furniture and ambience. minsan parang "refuge" na sya hehe.
Yeah, Starbucks is very comforting. And I figured, if I keep wallowing in negativity, nothing good's gonna come from it- so, I just sip on a yummy concoction and drink to the good times :)
Post a Comment